Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spain to Egypt

Barcelona, Spain was quite the contrast to any of the cities I visited in Japan. It was dirty and smelled of bad things most of the time, the locals did not seem to care about their city and I observed many of them just throwing trash on the street. The most pleasant smells came from bakeries and flower shops scattered throughout where I would take a “breather”. If I return, I want to get out into the country and see the rural parts of Spain.

I was happy to board the ship and set sail into the Mediterranean sunset. The water was beautiful but the air was quite chilly; as we headed south for the next few days it became warmer and more like the place I expected. When we arrive in Alexandria, Egypt tomorrow it is supposed to be 76F and quite pleasant.

We will be taking the Classic Cairo tour for 12 ½ hours by motor coach, which will be a good mix of the city, museums and my favorite, the pyramids. I am excited to see what I have only read and seen pictures of. I will also be visiting the Nile River and viewing the locals that rely so much on this water source. Enjoying the cruise so far and look forward to getting out on land.

No comments: