Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Merritt Island, Cape Canaveral and the National Seashore to Savannah Georgia

What an incredible day it was. The first stop was Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. The wildlife drive was closed for maintenance but this gave me an opportunity to explore elsewhere such as Peacock's Pocket; It is a dirt road that led to the inlet with a canal the whole way. Great birds, plants and sea creatures abound. I was able to see Cape Canaveral and it is an amazing sight. It is the end of an era with no more shuttles being launched. The National Seashore is clean, pristine and chock full of life. Highlight today was Manatee and Dolphin feeding and playing not 10 feet from me as I stood on a sea wall.


The remainder of the day was spent driving to Savannah Georgia where I will explore tomorrow.

No comments: